- pharmacists who go out of their way to help you.
- those rare times when a spur of the moment invitation actually works with someone’s busy schedule.
- getting art supplies as a gift from a dear friend who knows me well.
- catching my breath.
- having a little late night snuggle with a baby who can’t sleep.
- leaving the house at the exact time I planned to, without forgetting anything.
- picking dahlias from my neighbours garden.
- impromptu visits with a close friend that greatly help my state of mind.
- the pear, blue Brie, and prosciutto sandwich from Finches.
- getting two different papers so I can do two crossword puzzles tomorrow.
- doing early morning yard work before it gets too hot.
- last minute invitations that require no planning and work perfectly with everyone’s schedule.
- introducing someone to the baby for the first time.
- setting clear parameters when friends and money are involved.
- celebrating Canada Day.
- making a very grouchy baby momentarily happy with sausage.
- being alone in the car.
- the kinds of conversations you can only have with close friends.
- a table that doesn’t have any babies trying to climb on it.
- not having to share my food.
1. breaking out the candy thermometer for the first time to make butterscotch toffee.
2. avoiding a complete homemade ice cream disaster.
3. an impressive collection of nesting dolls.
4. eating dinner around a big table with good friends.
5. having a lot to be thankful for.
1. last minute changes of plan that are far better than the original plan.
2. three hour walks along the sea wall.
3. talking about everything under the sun with someone who has known you for years.
4. sitting outside and eating cheap and delicious sushi.
5. a really great day.
1. lunch by the water.
2. napping with the baby.
3. feeling confident.
4. great public art.
5. dinner with friends.
1. babies who sleep in their own room for the first time.
2. giving a friend a break by taking her daughter out for the afternoon.
3. being introduced to a new park.
4. a big helping of pad thai.
5. a hot bath that washes away your aches and pains.
1. my 7 year anniversary of moving to Vancouver.
2. celebrating with the wonderful friend I moved out here with.
3. whispering loving words into my daughter’s ear as she falls asleep.
4. giving my husband a kiss goodnight.
5. knowing how great my life has become.
1. storage rooms that become offices that become nurseries.
2. deciphering the poorly worded and hilarious instructions for our made-in-china wall decals.
3. friends who spend their afternoon helping out.
4. happy little owls.
5. checking another major item off of our to do list.