- enjoying my last morning of vacation.
- chilling on the couch, talking about life with one of my favourite people.
- savouring one last meal before I have to start sharing food with my kids again.
- being a couple of hours away from scooping my girls into my arms and smothering them with kisses.
- having a truly incredible husband that made this holiday possible.
- the excitement of kids on halloween.
- keeping up the tradition of hand-making costumes.
- not needing to put snowsuits under costumes.
- very minimal meltdowns on a late night with too much sugar.
- scoping out all the candy I’m going to eat after the kids are sleeping.
The Halloween bounty.
- my daughter’s request for a picnic in the sunshine.
- running as fast as I can to clear out the cobwebs in my head.
- the restorative power of a good sweat.
- starting a new book for the first time in months.
- choosing silence over the usual routine.
Decaying leaf patterns in the concrete surrounded by a blinding (and beautiful) glow from the sun.
- getting out of our snowed in garage.
- when the sun finally comes up.
- stocking up on groceries in case the snow shows up again.
- coming fully prepared with snacks and entertainment for a very long wait at the tire shop.
- incredibly patient kids.