- flowering trees.
- taking my girls out for lunch.
- remember to water the plants.
- mango popsicles.
- building forts.
- finishing the final cleanup from an impromptu dinner party last night.
- deciding that leaving the house was overrated today.
- forcing Word to do what I wanted even though it really didn’t want to.
- friends who give excellent design advice.
- the awesome pile of outgrown toys and books that a neighbour we have never met dropped off for our kids.
Remnants of a toddler’s breakfast.
- accidentally finding the perfect combination of sunlight, water, and ignoring for one of my orchids to grow a new flower stem for the first time ever.
- the first bloom on the hibiscus since last summer.
- finishing building our convertible coffee table/dining table for our deck.
- being so damn proud of ourselves for everything we have designed and built in the last 2 months, with zero previous experience for most of it.
- having a partner that I work so well with.
Blue skies and airplane contrails
- finding a great deal on cushions for our new bench.
- eating snacks on an old timey train.
- my daughter finally being tall enough to ride the kid’s ferris wheel.
- a shady spot on a hot day.
- water bottles that’s still have ice cubes in them after being in the sun for hours.