- getting my boots shined.
- ordering food and having it taste exactly like I hoped it would.
- having the best behaved kid on the plane.
- giving my parents big hugs.
- seeing how happy my little girl is when she spends time with her grandparents.
- visits with family, even when they are very short.
- the final leg of my weekend of driving.
- making it back to my parent’s house safely.
- getting the biggest hug from my dad.
- homemade cherry ice cream.
- deciding to leave an hour later than planned so I don’t have to rush to get ready.
- driving three hours with the baby and not having to make any stops.
- leaving late and still making it exactly on time, with no speeding or stress.
- a perfect day for a road trip.
- an evening with family I don’t see very often.
- early afternoon flights.
- having the morning to pack and take our time getting ready.
- sitting next to a sweet old lady on the plane.
- a perfectly behaved baby for the whole flight.
- coming home to visit my parents.
- opening all the doors and windows after a hot day.
- booking a flight to see my family on the other side of the country.
- apple strudel with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- not getting annoyed at Costco.
- making up voices while playing with my daughter.
- getting to nap and do a couple of loads of laundry while the baby sleeps.
- bountiful blueberry bushes.
- sorting out the logistics of several summer trips.
- basil and avocado pesto.
1. putting my faith in my navigation system and having it work out.
2. meatloaf sandwiches.
3. laughing your way through a fumbled project.
4. one last visit before a friend goes back to work.
5. the cheapest tank of gas I’ve bought in awhile.
1. free parking.
2. large groups for dim sum.
3. large caffeinated beverages.
4. getting out my sewing kit.
5. the pearl-tipped pins that used to be my grandmother’s.
1. using up every minute of my transit ticket.
2. finding the exact amount of something I need at the store.
3. finding the flooring solution for the living room.
4. a great meeting with our financial advisor.
5. having a clearer vision of the future.
1. avoiding rush hour traffic.
2. getting a huge amount of stuff done in a very short amount of time.
3. baby’s first plane ride.
4. not dropping anything into the airplane toilet.
5. babies that do surprisingly well for a 5 hour plane delay.