- having everything prepped an hour before guests arrive.
- actually being clean and presentable for a party at our house.
- getting to see friends we haven’t seen in awhile.
- an entire meal that turned out as planned.
- a very successful dinner party.
- waking up to a clean kitchen because you cleaned up after the dinner party the night before.
- my fancy new ladder.
- restocking the pantry.
- trading massages.
- hanging curtains.
- a giant cucumber.
- sautéed Swiss chard.
- a basil pesto butter.
- blueberries on vanilla ice cream.
- a dinner party that features food from our garden.
- the purring sounds of a slightly congested and sleeping baby.
- skipping swimming lessons so we can all rest.
- discovering that raking the lawn is an excellent ab workout.
- enjoying a little afternoon sun.
- having a house full of people.
- perfectly timed baby naps.
- a house full of people.
- seeing all our planning come together.
- getting spoiled with all the love.
- a great birthday/housewarming party.
1. Vietnamese sandwiches.
2. hibiscus and vanilla iced tea.
3. slow cooked pork.
4. roasted yams.
5. mango slushies.
1. not burning any houses down.
2. legs that are sore from jumping around doing ridiculous dance moves.
3. feeling like you’re at summer camp with all of your friends.
4. waking up during a facial and quickly remembering that there is a totally legitimate reason that someone is touching your face.
5. a seriously successful bachelorette party weekend.
1. outdoor hot tubs.
2. being somewhere that I can see the stars again.
3. staying up after everyone else goes to bed.
4. friends who let a large group of women invade their house for the weekend.
5. a golden girls themed bachelorette party.
1. exploring craft stores.
2. making imaginary business plans.
3. buying something I have wanted for months.
4. a good night with good friends.
5. getting dropped off right at your door.
1. helping plan a party.
2. 90% off.
3. starting zumba again.
4. being in better shape than I was before.
5. long baths.