- waking up to a much needed rainy day.
- the newly discovered comfiness of my husband’s oversized flannel shirt.
- finishing the felt play mat I’ve been working on for a friend’s daughter.
- the minimal cleanup involved in having take-out for dinner.
- having a partner you can be yourself with.
- our first date night in ages.
- putting on a very non child-friendly outfit.
- elaborate garnish accompanying a great meal.
- an evening out in our new neighbourhood.
- getting a little break from parenting.
1. picking up my favourite sweater from the dry cleaner.
2. trying out a new recipe.
3. walking away from a too expensive shirt.
4. being entertained by simple things.
5. getting in a good walk.
1. getting the last table in a busy restaurant.
2. not putting off doing errands just because home was warm and pants were comfy.
3. not getting distracted from my mission.
4. picking up shoes from the repair shop.
5. very happy feet.
1. getting all dressed up.
2. wearing fancy jewellery.
3. having a babysitter for a few hours.
4. good conversation.
5. an adult evening.
1. a brunch tradition.
2. adult time.
3. homemade treats.
4. wearing a new shirt.
5. breakfast for dinner.
1. making things out of felt.
2. using my fancy new scissors.
3. working on the floor.
4. a three hour baby nap.
5. onesies with animal faces on the feet.
1. brunch by the water.
2. wearing my new coat.
3. a possible end to baby’s solid food eating strike.
4. a whole family nap.
5. one pan dinners.
1. a better than expected massage.
2. the most fabulous coat I’ve ever worn.
3. finding a new Vietnamese restaurant.
4. the softest little lamb hat.
5. spending the day in out in our neighbourhood.
1. finally getting a pass to the art gallery.
2. a great pair of boots.
3. easily entertained babies.
4. a fantastic view out a window.
5. black cherry cola slurpees.