- finding awesome clothes on clearance.
- redeeming points so a purchase doesn’t cost you anything.
- a freshly stocked fridge filled with regular food and not rich holiday stuff.
- remembering that I don’t have to have cold feet because I have new slippers.
- a little peace and quiet in the house.
For the first time ever, my orchid has bloomed again. I love orchids but have never had success once they lose their initial blossoms. These flowers make me so happy.
- doing an early morning workout before everyone else gets up.
- getting inspired to start cleaning up the cluttered corners of our house again.
- sitting in my clean studio.
- taking the girls skating for the first time ever (and our first time in many years).
- the clean slate of a new year.
May your view into 2019 be as great as the view from these houses.
- enjoying my last morning of vacation.
- chilling on the couch, talking about life with one of my favourite people.
- savouring one last meal before I have to start sharing food with my kids again.
- being a couple of hours away from scooping my girls into my arms and smothering them with kisses.
- having a truly incredible husband that made this holiday possible.
- the excitement of kids on halloween.
- keeping up the tradition of hand-making costumes.
- not needing to put snowsuits under costumes.
- very minimal meltdowns on a late night with too much sugar.
- scoping out all the candy I’m going to eat after the kids are sleeping.
The Halloween bounty.
- my daughter’s request for a picnic in the sunshine.
- running as fast as I can to clear out the cobwebs in my head.
- the restorative power of a good sweat.
- starting a new book for the first time in months.
- choosing silence over the usual routine.
Decaying leaf patterns in the concrete surrounded by a blinding (and beautiful) glow from the sun.