- my daughter’s request for a picnic in the sunshine.
- running as fast as I can to clear out the cobwebs in my head.
- the restorative power of a good sweat.
- starting a new book for the first time in months.
- choosing silence over the usual routine.
Decaying leaf patterns in the concrete surrounded by a blinding (and beautiful) glow from the sun.
- getting out of our snowed in garage.
- when the sun finally comes up.
- stocking up on groceries in case the snow shows up again.
- coming fully prepared with snacks and entertainment for a very long wait at the tire shop.
- incredibly patient kids.
What happens when fall and winter happen at the same time.
- sitting in my quiet house.
- cleaning my surprisingly dirty dishwasher.
- getting through my entire morning routine without the interference of children.
- not having to share my bacon with anyone.
- having time for “my” things.
Fall at the park.
- the pleasant surprise of the accidental rainbow inside of the dishwasher.
- brand new baking sheets, completely unscathed by culinary misadventures.
- using up a $10 gift card that has been in my wallet for 2 years.
- toddlers that can pee in the toilet without having a panic attack.
- striking a balance between getting shit done and being good to myself.